Teen’s Phone Exploded While Sleeping as he Left it Charging Overnight Nearly Burning Down His House

Spread the love



Culled from News’Nav Malaysia

Malaysia: Muhammad Irfan Aiman Mohd Sobri, 16, shared his traumatic experience after his mobile phone exploded and caught fire while charging, leaving him unharmed but deeply shaken.

Recounting the incident in a viral TikTok video, Muhammad Irfan Aiman explained that he had left his phone charging on his bed while he slept on the floor.

Unaware of the impending danger, he was suddenly awakened by his sister, Nurain Najihah Mohd Sobri, 21, who noticed smoke filling the room.

The incident took place in the early hours of a Wednesday morning. Fortunately, his sister’s timely intervention allowed him to escape the room, preventing potential suffocation or worse consequences. The video, posted by Nurain Najihah on TikTok, has garnered over 1.1 million views, drawing significant attention to the dangers of charging devices overnight.

Reflecting on the incident, Muhammad Irfan Aiman expressed gratitude for his safety and the minimal extent of the fire. He acknowledged the incident as a crucial lesson, emphasizing the importance of refraining from charging mobile phones while sleeping.

Nurain Najihah, who shared the video with the intention of raising awareness, stressed that her primary goal was to prevent others from making the same mistake.

She had not anticipated the video’s viral reach but was glad that her message was resonating with viewers. Many have expressed their intention to change their charging habits to avoid potential risks.

According to the video, their house was filled with smoke before they realised what had happened, and they were glad to have noticed it in time. NewsNav/ Flowerbudnews

Watch the video below, or click here to watch it on TikTok:

Biola Lawal

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x